12.09.2009

Why do I do this?

Every Monday I want to quit. Well, almost every Monday. I ask, why do I do this? By Wednesday I usually recover and can make it through the week. But I am struggling today. It's Wednesday and I wonder how the work I am doing is meaningful. It's part of the process I hear, to question yourself and tumble around in uncertainty. At some point though there is some revelation and then you bust your butt some more to get out of here.

My first semester winds to a close. I like it I think. I like learning. I've known that now for a few years, but where to next? I read the lovely entries on my friends' blogs and they seem to be in a very different place in life... babies, husbands, jobs. I'm surrounded by people in a similar situation here... amazing how four years can make a difference.

I look forward to the snow and the slower pace of life during break. I am excited to be with friends and my family. I'm really looking forward to snowboarding and hot chocolate.

Hmm, with these happy thoughts, may you be filled with hope during this advent season. As I too will try to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment