having taken a two-year hiatus, it seems appropriate during a time of transition to a new land (the south) to begin blogging again.
7.25.2012
Emails. Food. Friends
The power of three, as my friend T.J. would say. I'm getting back to this blogging thing, so friends can follow along and we can stay friends even though we are physically far away. I'm thankful for emails, from friends, but today I'm especially thankful for an email from one institution to move along my research.
I'm thankful for food-- the making of and the consumption process. I've been on a kick of making artisan bread (thanks Cam) and have made these onion herb rolls that I'm a fan of. It's nice that this apartment (as compared to our apartment last summer) stays cool enough to actually turn on the oven.
And then friends to share the food with-- that's always a bonus. We are starting to meet some new friends which makes me feel like maybe I can start viewing this place as "home" soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment