The winters I grew up in were cold. The kind that you had to bundle up, put on snow boots, and still the wind would find it's way into your jacket. So today I am thankful for the 71 degree sunshine... in January. My porch door is open and I'm loving this. My mind is still trying to wrap itself around this... what? 70 degree weather and it's "winter"? Run that by me again? I'm wearing shorts?
I've gotten into the habit of buying fresh flowers while at the store. My dad (parents were visiting this past week) mentioned that it made our home feel like a hotel or restaurant. Why save the little things for "out there" versus have the special things here too? I love the way it brightens up our dark apartment.
Oh how I am thankful for our laundry machine! I've done 11 loads already this month (that's higher than usual as we've had guests coming in and out and I was catching up with holiday and travel laundry). Anyhow I am so grateful that I didn't have to haul all the laundry up and down stairs, across the complex buildings, and then carefully time everything so no one else touched the laundry (I'm particular). Thanks P for this present. It makes chores less... chore-some.
No comments:
Post a Comment