having taken a two-year hiatus, it seems appropriate during a time of transition to a new land (the south) to begin blogging again.
1.04.2013
Third Spaces. Full Bellies. Adult Conversations.
Starting the new year strong... I'm thankful for spaces outside of home where I can do work. Today I sat and wrote the rest of chapter 5. There's something about not being home that helps me to write. Anyhow, I'm caving into all my bad habits of writing so that I just write. That means I've eaten lots of chocolate, chewed my way through a pack of gum, and spent money on drinks so I feel like I can stay at a third space for a few hours. We're hosting some friends these few days and I'm so thankful for full bellies. One, I'm glad that the Sunday Roast worked even though I made it on a Friday. Second, little mei mei ended up eating lots of somethings that her belly protrudes. Always a good sign that a kid is full. And to round out my three things of thankful-- adult conversation. Not as sensational as the title would prove, but my friend has a 4 year old and a 1.5 year old, which means that her conversations are about space shuttles, trains, and grapes. So she's thankful to talk with us... adults. I'm grateful to be with her and to contemplate life together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment