Two things thankful from Sunday and one from today. It's been a full year 2013 for me. Adviser wants a draft by Friday which means I've been writing a lot. I wanted to send it out yesterday so I pushed myself hard, maybe a bit too much-- by the end of the day I was exhausted-- physically, mentally, and emotionally. I didn't realize that writing could have such an impact on me. Anyhow taking things a little easier today.
I'm thankful for filtered water. Moving to this city, where water from the tap is... kind of gross tasting, I'm so grateful for water filters. I'm also grateful for my big water bottles, that yes, are quite heavy when thrown in my purse, but quenches my thirst when doing my errands. I remember when we first moved here, because the summer heat was so much, if I forgot my water bottle, I would have to go buy something to drink. Fresh, clean water rocks.
What else did I jot down from Sunday? Oh, right funny kid quotes. Kids are just funny sometimes. I suppose it balances things out from when they're naughty. Anyhow, at church P was explaining to our friend's kid why we do communion. And so he asked the kid, do you have anything to confess? The kid say, Oh, yes, I have a lot. And turns and walks away. I cracked up.
Today I am thankful for rest. And not feeling guilty that I haven't opened Word to write anything. I'll do a bit of work before heading to bed but letting my body and brain rest, was definitely a good plan. Thank you God for making Sabbath and being an example of what it means to rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment